Manufacturing Shift Supervisor
Celina Aluminum Precision Technology Inc. (CAPT) is a major supplier of aluminum engine components for vehicles made in Central Ohio.
If you are seeking a new challenge that will offer excellent benefits and competitive wages, CAPT is the place for you.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Manufacturing Shift Supervisor/Direct Leader.
Number One Priority: – Represent and promote our new values. “Carry The Torch.” RESPECT – TRUST – VALUED.
- Responsible for supervision and management of all associates and operations in a department during your shift.
- Responsible for administering coaching and discipline for department associates.
- Make recommendations to Human Resources regarding hiring and termination of department associates under your supervision.
- Manage day-to-day operations of department, including, but not limited to:
- Hold and lead shift meeting in SQP format – professional
- Responsible for any Safety reporting or generating the report
- Responsible for Safety, Quality and Environmental Alerts; review during rounds and acquire associate sign offs
- Manage shift change time, COP / 5S, lining up at the time clock, etc. (Not entering paperwork at the end of the shift – floor time)
- Break / lunch time management (e.g., monitoring associate timeliness going to and from meal and rest breaks)
- Daily direct report to SL, ADH or DH
- Monitor PPE / LOTO
- Manage / Own the Visual Management board
- Manage overtime – determine need for overtime and arrange for staffing to fill need
- Manage requests for vacation and other time off by department associates
- Talk to each associate 2 – 3 times a shift
- Follow-up on questions and concerns; ensure associates have everything they need to complete their tasks
- Monitor Production Characteristics – Associate Performance
- Make associates feel valued, trusted, and respected through communication. Get to know them on a personal level.
- Reward / Recognition. Recognize a job well done with regard to Safety, Quality, Delivery.
This position requires the candidate to be a people person with well-developed communication skills to clearly communicate to associates at all levels.
Our comprehensive benefit package includes low-cost Medical Insurance, Prescription Drug Card, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Holiday Pay, Vacation, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, Pension, Birthday off with pay, Health Club Membership and Performance Bonus.
CAPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer