New Model Engineer
Celina Aluminum Precision Technology, Inc. (CAPT) is a major supplier of aluminum engine & frame components for the automotive industry. We are currently seeking a qualified New Model Engineer to join our team.
- 2 or 4-year degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a Tier 1 / Tier 2 automotive supplier environment.
- Baseline knowledge of CATIA or AutoCAD
- Ability to interpret customer issued drawings / standards.
- Process knowledge of manufacturing. Aluminum casting, machining and of advance assembly techniques is Preferred
- Familiarity with CMM inspection programs and interpretation of data
- Familiarity with hand gages, roughness testers, hardness testers, contour tracers, optical comparators.
- Familiarity of 5P / FTA (Failure Tree Analysis)/ Mind Mapping problem solving techniques
- Familiarity with AIAG compliant Process Failure Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Familiarity with Process Quality Control Tables (PQCT’s)
- Knowledge of Lock out Tag out (LOTO) and ergonomic requirements
- Knowledge of packaging design and responsibility
- Ability to understand and completion of New Model Review (NMR), Technical Process Review (TPR), Part Approval (PA), Tool Summary Sheet (TSS), Capacity Summary Sheet (CSS), Minimum Process Requirements (MPR’s).
- Ability to conduct and lead team meetings that involve horizontal reporting.
- Strong communication skills that include, Email, Phone, Teams Meeting
- Proficient in MS Office Products, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Familiarity with ISO 9001: 2015
- Development & tracking of new model project schedules
- Lead teams / meetings
- Effective note taking and file organization
- Support the development of operation standards and company policies
- Present to management and customer
- Support / understanding of capability studies (cp, cpk, trend charting).
- Daily communications with customer and supplier groups
- Completion of New Model Review (NMR), Technical Process Review (TPR), Part Approval (PA), Tool Summary Sheet (TSS), Capacity Summary Sheet (CSS), Minimum Process Requirements (MPR’s).
- Preparation/Management of event part shipping, tagging, ensuring part marking and EDI label requirements.
- Support training and development among team members
- Support manufacturing process when required to fulfill new model shipment requirements.
Benefit package includes: Low Cost Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription. We also have Supplemental Health Club Membership, Company Paid Life Insurance with Supplemental Option, Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay Earned Monthly, Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability, Two Weeks Paid Shutdown, Birthday Off with Pay, Company Paid Uniforms, Safety Boot Reimbursement, 401(k) With Company Match, Defined Pension Plan, and Tuition Payment Program for Family, Employee Assistance Program, and Bonus Program.
CAPT is an Equal Opportunity Employer